Friday, 30 May 2014

Dublin, Ireland

I am really sorry that I haven't been writing much, but I thought I could tell you about my trip to Dublin.

Vivi and I went to Dublin early in the morning last Thursday. We were really exited, but tired. Flying and all that went really good and I didn't expect it to be so easy to get to our hotel. So we checked in and then we were out on the streets of Dublin. We did so much shopping the first day and I loved it. We went to shops like Forever 21, New Look, Mac, Topshop, Ireland's Primark that is called Penneys, Boots and a lot of other shops too. We ate fish and chips for dinner and just had a great time before we went back to the Hotel.

Our friends Hanna, Anna and Bea were going to arrive to Dublin around noon, so Vivi and I ate breakfast at the hotel and then did some more shopping before meeting up with them. The five of us then went to an Irish pub to eat lunch. I just love the Irish people, they are just really funny and just nice to speak to, even though you don't understand everything they say. We spent the rest of the day walking around in Dublin and showing the others the best shops and so on. We ate Nandos for dinner which was really nice and we had a lot of fun. We then went to the hotel, but we could hear the concert from our window so we decided to go to Croke Park to check and listen. So we went there and it was amazing that we could hear them so well. It started raining but it didn't really matter because we knew that we would be inside Croke Park the next day at the concert. After that we were quite cold so we decided to go to this pub to listen to Irish music and just hang out. It was getting a little late so we then decided to go back to the hotel to get some sleep.

We were really exited and nervous on Saturday morning. It was the day of the concert and we just couldn't wait. We decided to check out Dublin a little bit more before getting ready for the concert. So we walked to Temple Bar, which is the oldest and most famous bar in Dublin. We also bought some food and drinks to eat before the concert. We then went back to hotel to get ready. We were really exited. We then went to Croke Park and because Bea had VIP tickets she had to stand in an other line then us. We stood in the line for like and hour before they let us into Croke Park. It was so big, I just couldn't believe it. We actually got to stand really close to the stage and I was really happy until we noticed that most of the girls standing around us were bitches that just kept pushing and then to make it worse it started raining. We had to stand at our spots for like three hours before anything happened. But it was nice too, because we spoke to these really nice Irish girls. 5 Seconds of Summer was the Band playing before One Direction and everyone was really happy. I actually made eye contact with Luke which made me quite Starstruck.We also noticed how close we were and that in less then an hour we would be this close to the boys in One Direction. I have to be unest and tell you that I haven't been much of a One Direction fan the last couple of months, but I started to listen to their new album again like a week before the concert and when we were at the concert all my feelings from when I really loved them came back. This was absolutely one of my favourite concert. I loved it so much and was just so amazing and unbelievable. I can't even describe the feeling when you and you friends and 84.000 other people all are singing the same song and the rain is pouring down and you are dancing and singing and the band is just amazing. I loved every second of the concert, even though it was raining almost all the time.

After the concert we were starving and we found this hamburger place and I can't describe how hungry and cold I was. When you are at a concert you don't really notice things like cold and hunger, so afterwards all the feelings come at once. We then went back to the hotel and I swear that my whole body was aching, but we had to pack our bags because we were leaving early in the morning.

On Sunday we ate breakfast and then we had to take a taxi to the airport. Anna's family was in Dublin so she was going to stay one more day so we had to say goodbye to her. At the airport we almost missed our plane because we were busy drinking coffee at Starbucks haha. The people at our gate were laughing at us when we came to our gate, running and with coffee in our hands. The flight home went by really quick and in just a few hours we arrived in a warm Sweden. The weather in Dublin had been cold and rainy, I didn't really mind, but the weather in Sweden had been super hot so yeah we missed that. I had actually been ill right before the trip and a lot of times during the trip I didn't feel really well, but I drank a lot of tea and took some painkillers so I still had a lovely time.

This a collage with pictures from our trip <3

No comments:

Post a Comment